Hembree Runs Wild 5K, 1K Cub Run and Spring Fling Festival
It is time to Run Wild Again! Join us for our annual Hembree Runs Wild 5K / 1K Cub Run.
Saturday April 27th
The event is open to the community and we hope all our Hembree families and staff as well as families from all of the neighboring schools and community will join us.
In addition to the 5K and 1K Cub Run there will be a Spring Fling Festival afterwards with face painting, hairspray, tattoos, inflatables, and dancing. Vendors will also be setup offering food for purchase, crafts and other activities. We will also feature the ever popular basket raffle with several fabulous baskets.
Advance registration is on-line now at Active.com You can register as an individual or a group.
Our annual basket raffle includes several amazing baskets for 2019! Pictures coming soon!
Friday April 26th from 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Race Packet pickup
- Basket Raffle Sales
- Late Registrations
Saturday, April 27th
|7:00am – 10:30am||Race Day Registration|
|7:45am||5K Warm-up (bus lane)|
|8:00am||5K Start (cafeteria entrance)|
|8:00am – 11:30am||Festival & Concessions|
|9:15am||5K Awards (front of school)|
|10:15am||1K Start (bus lane)|
|10:45am||1K Awards (bus lane)|
|11:00am||Basket Raffle ticket sales close|
|11:15am||Basket Raffle Drawing|
The success of the race is dependent on our amazing teachers, staff, parents & volunteers, and our community! We could not do this without our fabulous business partners! Take a few minutes to learn more about our business partners here.
The 5K route is a relatively flat (for Atlanta) course that starts and ends at Hembree Springs. It starts in the bus lane, goes out the light at Elkins, makes a loop in Arbor Creek and turns around, comes back out onto Elkins, goes down Hembree, turns around at Houze, goes back down to Elkins, in the bus lane and finishes in front of the school.
- The main Hembree Springs parking lot off Hembree Road (where we do carpool) will be closed. There will be no parking in front of the school along the Kindergarten / First Grade wing.
- The bus lane will be closed.
- The lower Hembree Springs parking lot off Elkins Rd (in front of the cafeteria) will be open (parking spaces only, no curb parking). Because this is close to the 1K route, you will not be able to enter or exit from 10 – 11.
- The Elkins Point parking lot off Elkins Rd will be open.
- There may be parking at Hembree Park by the tennis courts and in front of the community center.
- Please carpool whenever possible and/or use the new multi-use trails between HSES and Hembree Grove (weather permitting).