What is corporate matching?
Most companies match contributions to nonprofit organizations (US based 501(c)(3)). This can instantly double your gift to the Hembree Springs PTA, making us soar even higher!
Does corporate matching benefit my employer?
Definitely! Corporations are happy to do corporate matching for two reasons:
- It provides them valuable tax deductions.
- It also gives them an opportunity to be good corporate citizens.
Will corporate matching impact me negatively in any way?
Absolutely not. Companies keep corporate matching data private. No one has access to this data. In most cases, companies outsource the entire process.
When should I apply for corporate matching?
As soon as you donate to PTA. Some companies distribute corporate matching funds right away, while others process them once a quarter. Some companies have strict time constraints within which employees are required to submit corporate match applications. If your company offers corporate matching, please apply for it right away.
Does my employer have a corporate matching program?
Following is a list of corporate matches we have already received. If your employer is not listed below, call the benefits/HR department of your employer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coke – they match 1 ½ times the donated amount!
- Kimberly Clark
- General Electric
- Schneider Electric
- IBM (MUST be donated to Hembree Springs Elementary directly!)
- Time Warner
- UPS via United Way
- AT&T via United Way
My employer offers corporate match but Hembree Springs PTA is not listed?
Adding PTA to the list of organizations eligible for corporate match is usually a quick and easy process. You need the following information:
Hembree Springs PTA
Hembree Springs PTA
815 Hembree Road
Roswell, GA 30076
Once you enter the information into the system, in most cases, PTA will be added very quickly.
What is the process for corporate matching?
Each company has a different process for employer match.
In general, the steps to get corporate matching are:
- Check to see if your company participates in corporate matching.
- Find out if Hembree Springs PTA is already listed as a non-profit (501(c)(3)) with your company for corporate matching.
- If Hembree Springs PTA is not listed, you need to add the PTA to their list. See the information above to add PTA to your company’s list of organizations.
- If your company requires hardcopy paperwork to be turned in, please complete the paperwork and return by mail to PTA via the school’s address.
- Finally, either mail a copy of your receipt (with the total amount, your contribution + match, and the date on which PTA will receive funds from the company) to the school or drop it by the front office.