REFLECTIONS ART CONTEST— Due September 22
Do you like to Draw or Paint? Do you Write Stories or Poetry? Do you enjoy Composing your own Music or Creating new Dances? Taking Photographs? Making Your Own Videos on a smart phone or Ipad?
Time to get your creative juices flowing and start working on your Reflections 2017 entries.
REFLECTIONS is a National PTA Arts Recognition and Achievement Program for grades PK through 12th grade. You can enter in any of the 6 categories:
- Photography ( Take a Photo/ Submit a Print of your Vision)
- Dance Choreography ( Create up to a 5 min. original Dance routine)
- Literature ( Write a Short Story, and Essay, a Poem or a Play/Drama)
- Music Composition ( Compose your own song-voice or instrument)
- Visual Arts ( Drawing, Coloring, Painting) or 3-D (Sculpture/ Mobile)
- Film Production ( Make up to a 5 minute video—your own film)
Entries are judged based upon interpretation of a theme. This year’s theme is “Within Reach”.
Entry Forms are available here and at the school’s front desk.
Students can enter more than one category, and multiple entries in each. Please review the rules carefully and contact Britt Argo with any questions at Reflections@Hembreespringspta.org
Entries are due September 22nd and should be placed in the Reflections box in the lobby near the music room. Students can enter as many pieces of work as they want, in one or more categories.
The HSES Reflections Reception and Awards Ceremony for all students who enter will be held in October. All parents are invited.
Check back for information about class competitions and other Reflections news!