The PTA mission is to:
- Provide programs that enrich the educational experience for our students.
- Provide services that support our teachers, staff, students, and families.
- Provide programs that encourage character development and support community outreach.
- Coordinate the volunteer activities needed to effectively deliver the programs and services.
- Partner with the Soaring Hawks Foundation to effectively utilize community resources and PTA volunteers to benefit the school. Support the SHF fundraising activities.
- Partner with the Local School Advisory Council (LSAC) to support school issues focused on student achievement.
During the coming year we would like to:
- Enhance student achievement support across the school
- Preserve and promote strong family involvement and staff support
- Leverage existing family engagement to increase the outreach to non-English speaking families
- Increase the momentum around community involvement and business partners
How Do We Know If We are Successful?
- Teacher satisfaction survey results
- Parent satisfaction survey results
- More volunteers in school
- Number of programs
What is the Difference Between PTA, SGC and SHF
While PTA, SGC and SHF all work closely together to synergistically coordinate objectives, events and messaging each team has a different role to plan in supporting Hembree Springs:
- PTA is focused on programs and engaging our volunteers
- SHF is the fundraising arm and works closely with our business partners
- SGC supports school policies