The Soaring Hawks Foundation (SHF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created with the goal of changing the way we fund enrichment activities at Hembree Springs Elementary School. As the fundraising arm for Hembree Springs, SHF works closely with the administration, staff, School Governance Council, and the PTA. Donations raised through SHF directly fund teacher grants, PTA programs, as well as capital improvements for the school.
Teacher grant requests include providing funds for professional training and conferences, supplying specialized curriculum materials like Math Seeds, and developing a FitBit challenge program to promote healthy lifestyles.
PTA programs funded through SHF include: Science Days, Student Book Publishing, Reflections, Student Subscriptions such as Weekly Readers, test prep material and student agendas.
Capital improvement activities include investments in classroom technology and flexible seating, building an Observatory (one of only two elementary schools in the country to have one), and support of hands on learning through a butterfly garden.
Your donation to the Soaring Hawks Foundation benefits the students, staff, and parents of Hembree Springs!
- Donations will eliminate the need for fundraising through sales (e.g. wrapping paper)
- 100% of your donations stay at Hembree Springs
- Donations are tax deductible
- Provide direct support to your child’s education and your local community
No gift is too small and any amount given will directly support every student at Hembree Springs Elementary! Don’t forget – each donation is 100 percent tax deductible.
- Send in your gift to your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Pay with a credit or debit card through PayPal. It’s easy and secure.
- Make smaller recurring online payments through your bank to Soaring Hawks Foundation.
- Find out if your company does Gift Matching through United Way.
However you decide to support HSES, please fill out your donor card and send it in to school!